RFMBA 2019 Employment Opportunity
RFMBA – Seasonal Trail Crew Member – Summer 2019
Roaring Fork Mountain Bike Association – RF Valley, Colorado
Love trails? Have a passion for mountain biking? Join RFMBA’s Seasonal Trail Crew, this spring and summer, May 1 through September 30, 2019.
Ideal candidates will have volunteer or professional experience with singletrack trail maintenance and will be passionate about mountain biking and trail culture.
Spend the summer outdoors, improving local trails from Aspen to New Castle. Maintain trail tread and drainage structures, trim corridor vegetation, clear fallen trees, and generally improve bike trails in both high-use and remote backcountry areas.
During 2019, three Trail Crew Members will serve as ambassadors for public lands and RFMBA. Personal vehicle required for remote trailhead access; mileage reimbursement offered when traveling more than 20 miles from home. Equipment stipend and mobile phone reimbursement offered.
Training opportunities included to improve your trail, tool, safety, and backcountry knowledge. $15-$18/hour, 40 hours/week, based on experience.
Learn more at RFMBA.org or call 970-948-3486.
To Apply: If interested, please submit a PDF resume to email@example.com. Resumes & Email introduction statement of interest should be submitted by Friday, March 15 (earlier is better), with availability to work starting May 1.
Position Summary: Maintain and improve existing public trails open to mountain biking. Report on accomplishments and identify future maintenance needs on a daily basis. Serve as an ambassador for public lands and RFMBA.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Promote public trails and RFMBA’s mission as a friendly ambassador.
• Responsible for the assigned maintenance of specific trail corridors, treads, drainage
structures, turn structures, and other trail features.
• Clearly communicate with RFMBA supervisors regarding scheduled and assigned work.
• Learn and utilize online system for daily descriptive reporting of accomplished work and trail issues identified for potential future work.
• Work with RFMBA staff and volunteers on trail maintenance, trail system improvement, or
trail construction projects when assigned and scheduled to do so.
• Responsible for all tools provided for the use within the Seasonal Trail Crew Program.
• Additional duties as assigned by RFMBA supervisors.
- Education, Experience & Skills
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Passion for mountain biking and trail culture (strong understanding of trail experiences desired by all types of mountain bikers on various trail types).
• Trail maintenance or trail construction experience with traditional hand tools (volunteer or professional).
• Experience using a chainsaw or brush cutter (safety training to be provided).
• Ability to handle high stress situations.
• Ability to work both independently and in small groups, while remaining motivated without on-site supervision.
• High intermediate to expert mountain biking skills with the physical dexterity to carry heavy loads while moving downhill.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- License and Certifications
• Must have a valid, current, and unrestricted Driver’s license.
• Must maintain standard auto insurance coverage.
- Working Conditions
• Candidates must be willing and able to work in all conditions relative to outdoor weather up to 8 hours per day.
• Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds.
• Must be able to lift reasonable weight and will be expected to shovel/chainsaw considerable amounts for all of each work day.