- This event has passed.
IMBA 2015 Colorado & Wyoming Region Summit
August 28, 2015 - August 30, 2015
Join the IMBA Colorado and Wyoming Region for our mountain bike summit at Glenwood Springs, CO, on August 28th-30th. Let’s unpave the way forward and plan for the next decade of trails. The summit will be a great opportunity to network with volunteer advocates, land stewards, federal and state land managers, industry representatives and other IMBA partners from around Colorado and Wyoming.
Already this summer, gatherings in the Southeast, South Central, Mid-Atlantic and Great Lakes/Upper Midwest IMBA regions have produced tangible results for mountain bikers. “The world summit, last held in Steamboat Springs, is a great event—but the regions summits really facilitate projects, funding and planning at the state and local levels,” says Jason Bertolacci, IMBA Region Director for Colorado/Wyoming.
Please Register Now. Read 10 Reasons Why You Need to Attend Your Region Summit by Michelle Barker, IMBA Midwest Region Director.
- Mike Van Abel, Executive Director, IMBA
- Luis Benitez, Director of Colorado Office of Outdoor Recreation Industry
- Scott Hass, Regional Trails & Recreation Program Manager, USFS Rocky Mountain Office
- Sallie Hoefer, Chapter Services Manager, IMBA
- Jackie Miller, Program Director, GOCO
- Tom Morrissey, State Trails Program Manager, Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Jach Placchi, Travel Management and Trails Coordinator, BLM Colorado State Office
- Dave Wiens, World Cup Mountain Bike Champion and Mountain Bike Hall of Fame Inductee
- Dean Winstanley, Director of Programs, Volunteer for Outdoor Colorado
Friday August 28th, 6:00pm–9:00pm – Summit registration and evening social
Saturday August 29th, 8:00am–4:30pm – Speakers and workshops: Introduction of Office of Outdoor Recreation and Industry; Land Manager Panel; Inspire GOCO communities; State and Federal funding; Stewardship and volunteers; IMBA and Chapter development; late afternoon/evening rides.
Sunday August 30th, 9:00am–2:00pm – Option 1: Group Ride – Forest Hollow/Scout Trail, Option 2: Advanced Trail Building School – Next Generation Trails Field Session
Location and Lodging:
Saturday, August 29 Summit will be held at:
Garfield County Library’s Community Room
815 Cooper Ave.
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601