- This event has passed.
Hay Park / Thomas Lakes Trail Work & Backpacking Weekend
August 17, 2018 @ 8:00 am - August 19, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Volunteer with us at the foot of Mt. Sopris on the weekend of August 17-19!
• This two-day project will consist of reconstructing and repairing damaged sections of the trails while closing to restore other areas of the trail. You have the option to camp out at the foot of Mount Sopris — we’ll be bringing in the cooking supplies and food by horseback, so all you have to carry is your personal gear. This is a great way to meet our fantastic volunteering community in one of the most beautiful campsites around. If you prefer to volunteer for one or both days without camping, that’s totally fine too! Our partners for this project include: U.S. Forest Service, Wilderness Workshop, & RFMBA.
• Things to know before you volunteer:
• We’ll be emailing a fact sheet to you with site directions, scheduling, and other information — add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure you receive our email
• Dinner and drinks provided after every project
• We’ll provide the tools
• Remember: If you volunteer for 2 or more projects with RFOV, you’re entered to win a mountain bike worth $4,500 from CIMA Cycles and Ute City Cycles
• Interested in Crew Leading or being an Ambassador? Contact us at email@example.com or (970) 927-8241