The Snowmass Village Animal Services Department enforces trail closures enacted to protect sensitive wildlife habitats. Per Section 10-29: Seasonal Trail Closures of the TOSV Municipal Code, it is unlawful of any persons to use by any means the following trails during wildlife sensitive periods, as follows:
- Anaerobic Nightmare Trail: April 25 through June 21
- Sequel Trail: April 25 through June 21
- Tom Blake Trail: April 25 through June 21
- Government Trail east of Elk Camp Work Road: May 15 through June 21
- Rim Trail North: December 1 through May 16
- Seven Star Trail: December 1 through May 16
- Upper North Mesa Equestrian Trail: December 1 through May 16
- Sky Mountain Park: December 1 through May 16
Trail closures are strictly enforced by the Town’s Animal Services Division, in partnership with Colorado Parks & Wildlife. Wildlife monitoring cameras are in use in closed areas.
There is a zero tolerance policy for trail closure violations and fines can reach up to $5,000.