Years Racing 25
MTB Race Bike Trek Superfly
Favorite Trail in the RFV: Government Trail
Butch Peterson started racing in the Aspen Cycling Club sometime in the 90s. As a semi-professional, he traveled to races around the country but never found trails he liked more than what was offered in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Currently, when not riding with his family, he focuses on local races and the occasional race outside the valley. When not on his bike, he can often be seen with trail tools in hand working with the RFMBA Trail Crew and helping out on RFMBA and RFOV volunteer trail days.
As a trained RFMBA Trail Agent, Butch is excited to help maintain many of the trails in and around the valley. With lopping pruners packed tight, he plans to head deep into the backcountry to old school and hardcore backcountry trails like Red Table, Sunnyside or Forrest Hollow to clear the overgrowth to make these epic trails less hazardous to riders’ arms and legs.
Brief Race History
– Three time overall winner of the Aspen Cycling Club Summer Race Series
– Two time winner of the Ride for the Pass
– Third place Elk Mountain Grand Traverse.
– Second place 24 Hours of Moab Solo
– Fifth place Leadville 100
– Seventh place Power of 4.